Often times friends will ask my for help or some alternative ideas. Today is yet another one of those days and I always feel it is good to share the information with as many as possible.
Endometriosis is a very painful diagnosis where uterine tissue attaches itself to other organs in the body. This could include; fallopian tubes, ovaries, the uterus and may even travel outside of the pelvic region to the bladder, lungs and other areas.
It has been reported that two out every three woman have endometrial growths on their ovaries.
The reason for this severe pain may be due to the fact that this tissue continues to act like it is part of the uterus. It fills with blood during every menstrual cycle yet the body is unable to flush this fluid out and it accumulates in the form of a cyst.
It is not truly known why Endometriosis happens.
Some believe it is caused by retrograde menstruation in which fluid does not exit the body fully and in turn backs up into fallopian tubes or the pelvic cavity.
It may be a condition formed while the body is still an embryo and uterine cells do not differentiate themselves from others, therefore attaching themselves in inappropriate places.
It is also believed that environmental estrogen's may play a big factor. This would include chemicals from plastics, household products and cleaners, personal care products, pesticides, herbicides, and meat or products laden with antibiotics and growth hormones.
Symptoms include but are not limited to;
**Pelvic or abdominal pain
**Heavy, Prolonged, or abnormal menstrual bleeding
**Nausea, Vomiting or digestive problems
**Pain during intercourse
**Pain with urination or bowel movements
Things and Changes to make and/or try;
1) Diet is very important. Eat Organic when possible d/t the high amounts of chemicals and hormone-laden products.
2) Eat plenty of fish or take a good all natural Essential Fatty Acid. Check out Moxxor, I take and love this product. It is great for inflammation.
3) Remember your liver. One of the major functions of the liver is to break down estrogen and other hormones and flush them from the body. Detoxing the liver could include; Indole-3 carbinol (300 mg daily), Dandelion Root (300-500 mg 3x day), Essiac Tea (1/4 cup 1-3 x's day), etc...
4) Vitamin E (400 IU 2x'x day) helps break down estrogen, decreases inflammation thins blood.
5) Vitamin C, B-Complex and a good all natural multivitamin help supply added nutrients.
6) A good muti-strain Probiotic is also needed to keep your immune system functioning and your bowels in proper condition.
7) Drink plenty of fresh spring water, Green Tea and moderate exercise to help with detoxification.
A special thanks to; Prescription For All Natural Cures.
The supply of information is endless and yet is different for everyone. Learn your body, ask for additional information when needed and remember; your Doctor is not God and there is no Majestic pill. Every treatment is different, Every woman is her own, and every all natural treatment is a blessing.